On behalf of the Knight staff at Bok Academy south, we are happy to welcome you to our campus! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our Knights can achieve their highest potential. We recognize in order to be successful in school, our students need support from both home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your students education. As partners we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends face to face or online classes daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all prep work assignments given by teachers online or face to face.
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs intervention support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college, military, trade school or start their own business.
Please view on the website a copy of our 55 essentials and school rules so that you and your Knights can review them together. If you have any questions about the 55 essentials or school rules and expectations, please feel free to contact our Bok Academy Leadership Team to discuss them with you. It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year.
The wonderful Bok Academy staff and we feel privileged to be a part of your child’s academic success and we thank you for your support and look through these trying times. We look forward to an amazing year on the shores of Crooked Lake.
“We are mourning the loss of Dr. Damien Moses. He was a talented and beloved educator and administrator in our school district. Some of his employees described him as the best boss they ever had; he was also regarded as an amazing husband, father, mentor, and friend. He will be dearly missed by colleagues with Lake Wales Charter Schools, as well as Polk County Public Schools, where he previously served. His family remains in our prayers during this difficult time.” Crisis teams will be available to provide support as needed.